A post on the First, Verify website (https://www.firstverify.com/fv-blog/osha-standard-changes-that-will-impact-construction-commercial-construction-risk-management-solutions) discusses new OSHA regulations currently in the final rule stage. Although mostly affecting construction, some of these new rules have wider applications.
- Heat illness prevention - with record or near-record heat waves, this should be a high priority for all outdoor work.
- Communication tower safety - construction and maintenance work on towers has had a high fatality rate, and the need for them is growing.
- Enhanced workplace illness and injury tracking, with anti-retaliation provisions to encourage reporting.
- Hazardous material standards for lead and silica.
- Personal protection equipment in construction.
- Welding cutting standards amended with a "confined space" definition.