According to Cyber Security Intelligence, these are the major cyber security issues this year:
- As businesses adapt to remote working they are vulnerable to cyber attacks. Many are still not prepared for remote security. Training for management and employees is vital.
- New technologies will bring increased risk. Businesses must identify and close security gaps.
- As posted elsewhere, deepfakes are increasing.
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence will be used by cyber criminals.
- The use of the Internet of Things and other multiple edge environments will create more opportunities for cyber criminals than traditional networks.
- Instead of being centralized, cloud based applications will be widespread.
For the most part these are continuations of existing trends. If 2020 was challenging, 2021 may be even worse.