With working and learning from home the "new normal" which will probably continue even after the pandemic, it is important to know the safety rules. The popularity of Zoom has seen a trend in "Zoom bombing" by unwanted intruders; Zoom has now added safety features. Other virtual meeting platforms include Skype, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, and Cisco WebEx.
Cyber Security Intelligence lists five tips for improved security:
- Use latest version of software.
- While companies will collect personal data, limit this by not signing in via Facebook.
- Do not share the meeting link on public forums or social media.
- Familiarize your self with security features like Zoom's "waiting room".
- Don't use Personal Meeting ID for public events.
Video camera users can increase privacy by using virtual backgrounds. Hosts can restrict screen sharing, use two factor authentification, only allow pre-invited users, "lock" the meeting and remove disruptive individuals.