As outlined in a post by TechJury, in their post "50 Data Breach Statistics To Help You Run A Safer Enterprise In 2020", whether you are a small or large business or just an individual trying to protect their personal information, cyber crime affects everyone. But the more you know, the better chance you have to protect yourself from these threats.
Below are some of the most notable stats we found in the list of 50 in the article.
- The global average mean time to identify a data breach is 197 days - over six months.
- The mean time to recover from a data breach is about 70 days or ten weeks.
- 76% of organizations were targeted by a phishing attack in the past twelve months.
- 75% of companies say a data breach has caused a material disruption to their business.
- The global average cost of a data breach is about $4 million.
- An average of 22.5 million records are lost every day.
- There is a 33% chance of your organization being breached in the next 24 months.
- In the last 24 months 57% of all breaches and 97% of data targets were in the United States.
What all this means is if cyber security is not an urgent concern, you're not paying attention. Are your security practices up to date? Do you have a data breach response plan? Does your Cyber policy have adequate coverage and limits?
If you answered "no" to any of these questions, what are you waiting for? Use the calendar app below to schedule a quick 10 minute intro call with our Risk Management expert, Steven Sharkey, today.