Steve King, board member at CyberEd.io, posted some "eye opening" statistics:
- The Internet of Things (IoT) market should reach $1.1 trillion by 2026. Most of the buyers are banking and financial services.
- If estimates that by 2025 152,200 IoT devices will be connected every minute, almost 80 billion will be connected annually.
- Ericsson forecasts 3.5 billion IoT cellular connections by 2023.
- According to Deloitte, digital transformation is a top strategic objective for 94% of executives, and 85% have project IoT budgets.
- Fewer than 20% of risk professionals can identify a majority of their organization's IoT devices.
- 75% of infected devices in IoT attacks are routers.
- IoT devices are typically attacked in five minutes.
- 55% of surveyed companies don't require third party IoT provider security and privacy compliance.
IoT is another industrial revolution. In King's view, we are "uniquely unprepared". We should all be afraid.