Recent statistics from FaceFirst.com were posted to the Workers Compensation RoundTable LinkedIn group. I thought some of them were worth sharing:
- In 2017 there were 424 violent deaths in retail locations.
- Violent deaths in 2018 increased 12% over 2107. Criminal acts in retail stores increased 11% year over year.
- 40% of retail deaths happen in the store, 53% outside (this leaves 7% unaccounted for).
- 32% of all workplace fatalities occur in retail stores. 26.3% of workplace homicide victims work in sales or retail.
- 56% of government employee workplace violence is against law enforcement and security employees.
Active shooter insurance is available. Other policies may provide limited coverage for workplace violence expenses.
Contact the experts at The Beacon Group of Companies if you're interested in learning more about these coverages.