Wholesaling, jobbing, or distributing is the sale of goods or merchandise to retailers; to industrial, commercial, institutional, or other professional business users; or to other wholesalers and related subordinated services. In general, it is the sale of goods to anyone other than a standard consumer.
The 21st century factory gets smarter every day by building products with the world’s most sophisticated equipment and by running complex software. However, it is the traditional risks and exposures you constantly need to protect against: fire, flood and damaging storms damaging your products and warehouse theft of inventory and damaged property just trying to get to it, and every part of your supply chain – from late supplier shipments to unpaid deliveries you’ve made can impact your ability to pay bills and payroll. As a wholesaler, you manage a constant flow of products and people that need protection at every turn. Whether you’re inventorying products in a warehouse or shipping deliveries with a fleet of vehicles, your business needs insurance properly tailored to protect your assets at every step of your service delivery.
The Beacon Group offers customized wholesaler and distributor business insurance coverage for many types of operations, including:
- Automobile parts and supplies
- Beer dispensing and vending supplies
- Billiard and bowling equipment and supplies
- Apparel, luggage and pet supplies
- Dental equipment and supplies
- Electrical equipment and plumbing supplies and fixtures
- Electronics, floor coverings and florists
- Frozen foods and dairy products
- Hardware and heating and air conditioning equipment
- Home improvement supplies and laundry equipment
- Office machines, equipment and supplies
- Refrigeration and restaurant equipment and supplies