Job Title: Retirement Plan Services Relationship Manager
The Relationship Manager (RM) will be assigned with a book of retirement plan business to manage. The RM maintains the highest level of ethical standards in their conduct, as they are the face of Beacon to clients. The individual in this role consults with plan sponsors assigned to them to drive positive retirement plan advancements, serve as an educator on fiduciary matters, coordinates with internal and external partners to deliver Beacon’s service model, and is responsible for the success of the ongoing client relationship.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Plan Sponsors. Identifies plan level opportunities, assists with the development of retirement plan advancement strategies, and coordinates with internal and external partners to drive measurable results. Assists with plan inquires, complex client requests, and problem-solving. Coordinates with other team members to ensure service objectives and customer service satisfaction standards are being met.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for board members and formal plan sponsor retirement plan committees. Coordinates, develops and facilitates Annual Plan Reviews with the highest level of ethical standards. Demonstrates a mastery of Beacon’s fiduciary practices, uses high-level communication skills to ensure client understanding, and serves as an excellent representative as the face of Beacon. Properly documents all meeting content and formalizes meeting minutes.
- Responsible for accuracy, thoroughness, and proper compliance when using internal and external electronic systems. Systems include FIRM Plus, client facing electronic fiduciary vault, retirement plan provider websites, internal drives, filing systems and more.
- Assists senior members of the sales team with sales materials, analysis, presentations and more. Manages Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, Morningstar comparisons, Global Fiduciary Insights reports, finalist presentations, and special projects.
- Upon reaching tenured status, the candidate will have the ability to prospect for personal sales while using Beacon systems, processes, resources, and fiduciary standards of conduct.
- Manages and evaluates vendors on an ongoing basis. Assists with the creation of benchmarking reports and educates the client.
- Acts as a liaison to other departments regarding sales, service, and communications.
- Serves as a team Subject Matter Expert. Assists internal team with one-off issues and educates group broadly during regular team meetings. Presents to internal team on SME responsibilities to assist with internal education, sharing, and collaboration.
- Highly Motivated.
- Communication Mastery.
- Public Speaking.
- Sales Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Staff/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience within the retirement plan marketplace, preferably time in the job as a relationship manager, sales, or consultant role.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
FINRA Series 7 and 66, or a combination of FINRA 7, 63, and 65. Global Fiduciary Insight’s Accredited Investment Fiduciary certification.
Our firm offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: a matching 401(k) plan, health, dental, sick and vacation time
The Beacon Group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
The Beacon Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need
We are always looking to add talented, high-character individuals to our team at The Beacon Group of Companies. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Associate” in the subject line.